Friday, July 20, 2007

The guy that dug through my trash that one day

OK, so I admit this didn't happen this evening - I am using recycled material for this post. But it did happen that one day. I was sitting in our upstairs office reading other people's blogs when I observed a gentleman who was paying a special amount of attention to our dumpster. At first he was tentative - he peered over the edge for 3 or 4 minutes. He then located a stick, which he used to casually reach deeper into the dumpster.

I say "casually" because his body language didn't really convey a deep commitment to a full "dumpster dive". It was more of a blase, somewhat uninterested search. About 15 minutes into this adventure I finally decided to grab my camera and document the experience. In the short time it took me to retrieve my camera, he had struck gold. He found what he was looking for. I arrived back at my upstairs window to see this:




So if anyone needs to read the Dispatch, come on over to Hollywood. We keep a copy in the dumpster - help yourself.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Are those pics really taken from a surveillance camera in your apartment?